Solved

How to export/view user asset checkout history?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We are trying to determine which users/students utilize our loaner devices policy the most so we can identify which users are abusing our loaner policy.

Per asset in the timeline tab we are able to see the history of all the changes made to the device including the past owners of the device. However there does not seem to be a way to export the data for multiple devices timelines at once. 

There also does not seem to be a device history timeline in the user data tabs.

We are open to using the API but cannot seem to locate how to export a devices timeline of events.

Anybody know how to pull this data? as it seems strangely inaccessible.

icon

Best answer by Deborah Creekmore 23 May 2022, 22:16

View original

9 replies

Badge

This thread is kind of a ghost town but I’ll just say this is one of our biggest gripes with IIq. You can surf through revisions on a per user basis (unless there’s a better way I don’t know of) and find information that way. There’s an idea thread for this so I’d say go upvote for visibility.

User Item History | Community (incidentiq.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, @heindive! You can view this information in the Revisions section of a user’s profile, but I do not believe there is an official export for this process. If your spare workflow includes creating a ticket on behalf of the user, another option is you could export all the tickets where a spare was deployed to a custom view and include a column for requestor. Then, use a pivot table in excel to find which users have had the most spares deployed. 

Thank you, @Waluigi's Moustache for adding this idea link. This would be a great idea to upvote and comment your specific need for this data. I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Deborah Creekmore Thank you for letting me know about the revisions tab, must have missed it when digging around.

Shame there isn’t a way to do a bulk export of all user or device revisions, but I did upvote the idea link that @Waluigi's Moustache posted.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just figured out how to use the api to extract the activity data for each user.

Use the GET /users call to find all UserId’s (use variables $p and $s for pagination)

Then use the GET /users/{UserId}/activities call to export the users activity/revisions history. 

Now to go write a script to convert the data into a .csv.

Badge

a couple of manual callouts for help getting this stuff to work:

You can construct a url to retrieve some of this data like this in your web browser without needing an API token or figuring out how use an actual REST client:

https://yoursite.incidentiq.com/services/users?$s=10&$p=1&$o=FullName&$d=Ascending

$s=    This sets the number of items per displayed page. in the above, 10 users per page

$p=  this sets the current page number

if you set $s to an integer larger than the number of users you have, you will get all users in your site.  You can also set up filters to only display agents, or students:

$filter=(RoleId eq ''[6d5fee76-e05e-43c0-b8e9-b8447746e501]'')

this is super useful for looking at example data to see what TYPES of data you could extract from the api.  and you can also pass these parameters in REST requests in the same way, as IIQ appears to paginate to 20 items/page by default.

Additionally, if you are looking to write scripts to pull data, I HIGHLY recommend looking at https://apihub.incidentiq.com which includes information on HOW to use the API, not just the call references and syntax. It’s a much better resource than the straight API reference docs at Incident IQ API (api-docs.io) if you’re trying to learn how to do any of this stuff.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Anybody know another way to figure this out rather than learn how to program and use APIs?

Export a list of how many times a Chromebook has been assigned to a different user.
Or How many times a Student has been assigned a Chromebook?

And not just data on a single user or Chromebook, but data for all Chromebooks/Students during the year. So need a mass list/export.

Maybe going to asset explorer, view list of chromebooks with Owner Changed filter and filter by month. then combine it all and pivot table the user and chromebook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@etan 
Currently, you are unable to pull this report via custom views “Is there a way to filter a list of how many times a Chromebook has been assigned to a different user. Or How many times a Student has been assigned a Chromebook.”

How often are you needing this type of report? Is it something your team needs daily, or periodically?

I would suggest adding this as an idea in our idea exchange:
https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I just figured out how to use the api to extract the activity data for each user.

Use the GET /users call to find all UserId’s (use variables $p and $s for pagination)

Then use the GET /users/{UserId}/activities call to export the users activity/revisions history. 

@heindive I would like to know more about how you did this, can you reach out to me at nburke@d155.org?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@heindive I would like to know more about how you did this, can you reach out to me at nburke@d155.org?

Will do, however I would take a quick look at this post in the thread by Icecil which does a much better job of explaining how to get the data easily.