Question

Rapid Scan (website)

• 28 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Am I the only one that can’t get rapid scan to work via the website? I’m using a barcode scanner and Google Chrome (beta). This just doesn’t work: 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BCHSJAnderson 
When you scan the device - What happens? 
Is there an error message? Or spinning/loading?

Can you provide us with the serial number or asset tag that you are trying to scan?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Hannah Bailey If we scan the following barcodes: 1182, 1232, and 1205, the first will show up, and subsequent numbers get merged together:

I should clarify that we are trying to do the batch actions with Rapid Scan similar to the lesson shows at: https://learn.incidentiq.com/lessons/rapid-scan-2/ here is a screenshot from the video that we just can’t seem to get. Do we need to change the barcode scanner to return with a tab or some other option instead of a CR?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BCHSJAnderson Thank you for providing the barcodes. 

The reason you are unable to continue to scan the additional devices is that there is a ticket number the same as your asset tag. When scanning our rapid scan search is looking for tickets, assets, and users. So it is pulling both the asset and ticket with the same number. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Hannah Bailey Okay. Hmm. I see that I can change the formatting of new tickets (which I just did). However, is there any way that I can mass-change ticket numbers to add a prefix to them? I’d hate to have to reprint labels for close to 1500 items. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BCHSJAnderson 
Glad that you found the site option to change the format for newly created tickets. 
Our support team can help with getting your other tickets updated. They are currently creating a support ticket for this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Hannah Bailey Thank you!