Solved

Automatically Ticket Creation Help

• 24 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am trying to create a rule that creates a ticket when we are out of stock of parts, but it doesn’t seem to work..  I have attached a screenshot of my rule.  I feel like I just don’t have the logic correct, but I don’t know what I need to adjust.  Can someone help?

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 25 October 2022, 20:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Thank you for submitting your question! 

Try using the trigger “Used”, instead of “Adjusted”. 😄

Here is the guide that refers specifically to Low / Out of Stock for Parts: 

I hope this helps!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was going to to make the same rule on both Used also.  I need it for Adjusted just in case someone forgets to use the parts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Is the article helpful and/or what you were looking for?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Not for this particular problem.  I have the notifaction rules set up, and working but I can’t seem to get the ticket created automatically when we run out of a part.  I am just not sure if the logic for my rule is correct or not. It seems like it should work to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Do you have an example of when the rule did not fire? From my side, your logic looks correct. 

Also, I noticed you did not select an issue in your out of stock ticket template - I would make sure you have that. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I just adjusted one of my parts to 0 to test it out.  R751 Speakers I believe.  I will go check out that issue on the out of stock template and try again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the help!  Just that simple issue was what was wrong with it.  Appreciate it!