Question

Export locations with rooms numbers

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there a way to export the locations with room numbers. 

We currently are adding room numbers from our SIS.  However this is only bringing in classrooms. 

We would like to also input non-classroom room numbers but don’t want to duplicate them. 

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, @shennessy. Have you tried creating a user view with locations and adding a column that contains “Homeroom”? This should provide the view with your list of users and the rooms that are tied to that user from your SIS. You can import your non-classroom room numbers via CSV. If the room number already exists within Incident IQ then it should not duplicate it. It should only update or create new rooms that are not currently in your system. Please let us know if you have any more questions on this.

How can I delete or clean up rooms that are duplicates. The difference is just a dash.

For example: A WR1 and A-WR1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SMaldonado 79702e3 smbsd 
Hey there! 
Please reach out to our support team. They will be able to delete duplicate rooms. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

When I add homeroom as a column in a User custom view, I don’t see the room in that column for staff who have been assigned a room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kjohnson 
Homerooms are pulled in by your SIS. When looking at your site, I do not see a connection between your SIS to your Staff role emails. 

Your users are created by your SSO. We use the email address as the identifier between SSO and SIS. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I want to check on and update staff room assignments in IIQ and that info doesn’t exist fully in our SIS so I need to do that manually or via an manual import into IIQ. How do I do that without opening up each staff member record one at a time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kjohnson I jumped the gun on my last comment. 

Reached out to our support team for more details. And they informed me that unfortunately Skyward's API currently does not support sending the ClassType field through API which is needed from the homeroom field. So currently it is not supported by Skyward until they enhance the API.

You can import the homeroom through our importer tool for the time being. Below is the link to the knowledge base guide: 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, Hannah. Still wondering about getting a list of all assigned rooms for staff vs having to open each staff record one at a time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kjohnson Currently, this isn't possible within iiQ. This would be a great idea in our idea exchange. 

Being able to create a custom view showing assigned rooms in any user view. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This idea was submitted from this thread: