Solved

Agent Users Read-Only on Own Tickets

• 3 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

My facilities guy here is an agent on our helpdesk (so he can access facilities tickets) but he is also a user who my tech office supports. When he files tech tickets, however, he reports back that he us unable to respond on that ticket because it is read-only to him.

I suspect this is because he, as an agent, cannot access and comment on normal tech tickets, but he’s  the one who filed the ticket. Is there some way I can thread this needle in settings?

icon

Best answer by ccooney 25 October 2022, 16:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney Thank you for submitting your question!

I am curious what his personal permissions are. Does he have a permissions policy just for him? Because he is tied to only facilities, that might be the issue on why he couldn’t access the tickets. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ccooney Thank you for submitting your question!

I am curious what his personal permissions are. Does he have a permissions policy just for him? Because he is tied to only facilities, that might be the issue on why he couldn’t access the tickets. 

Should he not be able to respond to tickets he has filed? Or does this system not support agents being able to file and monitor their own tickets if filed outside of their assignments?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney No, he should he able to respond to his own tickets filed. I am just trying to get more information to see if there is something that needs to be turned off/on.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The permissions list in the user view is very long so it’s a little hard to grab a screenshot, but I can tell you that he is an agent with the “GLOBAL - STAFF ROLE” policy applied.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney Thank you for being patient with me on this - I have a screenshot that shows where his own tickets should be able to be found:

I hope this helps 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ll touch base with him to ensure he can get to his tickets that way.