Solved

Can I create a rule to give rights to a ticket?

• 23 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Our district is expanding its use of IIQ quickly to encompass more than Technology Support Tickets. The new Forms app is accelerating the expansion even faster. This is leading to some security concerns. For example, if you need access to all tech support tickets you don’t necessary need access to the tickets containing form data our Grant department is using.

So far I’ve controlled access 2 ways.

1. Give an Agent rights to the tickets for a particular school
  2. When an Agent is assigned a ticket, then they receive rights to it

I’m now trying to determine if a third way is possible using Rules. For example, if the Category is Devices and the Location is XYZ, give Agent Jim, rights to the ticket.

So far, I’m thinking this is not currently possible, but I thought I’d get some second opinions.

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 6 October 2022, 14:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @davecarty 

When you say “right to the tickets” do you mean to be able to view, work and resolve those tickets based on the ticket type? And not based on location? 

With your example, if the Category is Devices and the Location is XYZ, give Agent Jim (at location abc), rights to the ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hannah, that is correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@davecarty This is possible…. You will need to remove all location-based permissions for that agent to limit visibility anywhere else. And then assign the agent to the specific tickets with a rule and the delegated site options.

Please keep in mind that by removing all location base permissions the agent wouldn't be able to see other tickets. Only the ones that are assigned to them via the rule. This is a good solution for promoting people who need to see super-specific tickets only. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks Hannah, this worked for us.