Solved

Custom Ticket Rule That Sends Asset Details

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there a way to create a custom rule to send asset details along with the description of a ticket to a specified user\email?

Example:

When we need to order toner from our vendor they require the asset number, serial, model, manufacturer, along with what is needed. Currently we utilize a google form to accomplish this. I would like to utilize IIQ so that we can have better visibility.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 22 November 2022, 14:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@curtinat Thank you for submitting your question. 

Currently, there is not a way you can make sure that happens automatically. However, you can comment or input the information that is needed and email internally or externally the email. 

You could also create a custom resolution action that would be “sent for vendor” or something similar. Then, create a rule to have it send an email to user when using that resolution action. You would still have to make sure the information is on the comment if they are not a user in iiQ. 

I hope this helps 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@curtinat 

I have also seen districts giving access to their vendors to access iiQ. With VERY limited permissions. This way they can see all the information. Just another thought. 

Or make them followers of the tickets so they will receive automated emails with additional details. 

Here is an idea in our idea exchange to add tag/variable for the send email action via rules.