Ticket reporting

• 27 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello-

Is there a way to run reporting based on tickets? Examples being:

1. Users with the most tickets
  2. Assets with the most tickets

I’m looking for options to dig deeper into ticket numbers and to see what users/assets have the most issues over time. Analytics is nice for a bigger picture view, but hoping to see more. Thanks.

-Rich

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Happy Friday, @Rich Bykowski! I wanted to get some more information from you to make sure I provide a beneficial solution. I know you said you’ve used the Analytics Explorer. Did filtering the data within the AE not provide the info you were wanting? Can you share a little more about the specific data you are wanting to see? I am thinking custom views may be helpful to you. Once I hear more about your specific data preferences (users/assets with the most - tickets submitted, tickets resolved, in-progress, etc.) then we can share the most appropriate next steps. 

Badge

Hello @Deborah Creekmore !

Thanks for the reply. What I am hoping is for a way to see something like the following:

A report (or view) on users that let’s me see how many users have opened > 1 (or whatever number I choose) tickets.

A report (or view) on assets that have had > 1 (or whatever number I choose) tickets.

I’m trying to get some visibility on users or assets with multiple issues to help us understand if additional work needs to be done with a user to limit the issues they are having or if an asset has had multiple problems and needs to be replaced.

I can go one by one through users and assets to see their multiple tickets, but that’s not particularly efficient, so I was hoping there was a way to do this. 

-Rich

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello there, @Rich Bykowski! I wanted to let you know that I did not forget about you. Thank you for providing some more insight. I have taken your information to a few of my team members and am waiting on clarification. As soon as I get some info. I will update you 🙂. Have a great rest of your day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, @Rich Bykowski! The system currently cannot produce a report/view for your specific report request. This would be a great suggestion to add in our idea exchange! Here is the link: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

In the meantime, there is an assets custom view filter for "asset attribute" to specify if an asset "has open tickets". You could also create a view to export and sort based on user or asset to gain a visual for the amounts. I know this is not exactly what you’re looking for, but I wanted to provide some other options that could possibly be helpful for your workflow. Thank you for reaching out and please let us know if you have any questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rich Bykowski Thank you for submitting your idea. Here is the link for the idea submitted:

Badge

Did this ever get added?  I need to run a report on my students to see which ones have broken their computers several times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TCARTER 573f54f otps 

That idea is still in the “Open” status.

Here is another discussion on how a district created a workaround: