Question

Subtickets - Any way to stagger or hold sending subtickets?

• 15 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

When we create a ticket to provision a new computer, we have several subtickets that are generated to different teams that handle initial hardware/OS setup, installing additional software depending on the user, passing through our cybersecurity team for final checks, being handed off to the tech to give to the user, etc.

Currently, all subtickets are generated and emailed at the same time, and the teams have to sort through the generated tickets and then go into the parent ticket to see what the status is (which wastes their time). I’d like it so that subticket 2 doesn’t get fired off until 1 is completed, and 3 doesn’t fire off until 2 gets completed.

I know a workaround for this is to create one singular ticket, and upon close, have it then generate a new ticket to go to the next team, and on close generate a new ticket, and so on down the line. But that makes management a nightmare because you can’t track the child tickets as you can by doing subtickets tied to a parent.

Am I missing something here? I’m still pretty new with this, but can’t seem to find a way to do this via the standard tools.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TKern 9079bb3 gtc Thank you for submitting your question. 

Don’t worry, we have not forgotten about you! Unfortunately, there is no work-around for this.

I would suggest submitting this to our Idea Exchange here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas