Question

Schedule date for ticket to open without using template

• 2 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Is it possible to create a ticket but schedule a time in the future for the ticket to be open? I see that ticket templates can be scheduled, but I’m curious if it can be done without a template.

For example: With a temporary employee, I would like to create a ticket and have it open on the employee’s final day as a reminder to suspend accounts, collect assets, etc.

OR I have a random task that needs to be completed 3 weeks from now, so I would like to create the ticket today (while I remember it) but have the ticket open in 2 weeks.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This has been asked before, check out this link to see the answer: 

Badge +1

I did see the previous question, but I am interpreting it a bit differently.  In my question, I do not want the ticket to appear as an Open (or workable) ticket until a specific time.  With a due date, I would think the ticket would be open (workable) but have a specific timeline for completion.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@krhilby at this time, the only way to accomplish this would be through ticket templates. If you don’t mind me asking, is there a reason you do not want to use the ticket template feature? 

Badge

@Jessica Adkins, I have a use for this. I just had an admin request copier access for 27 staff members that are not normally based at a certain school. I need to revoke this access in 5 weeks. I don’t want a ticket sitting out there waiting on me to remember to see it, so I’d like to create a ticket in a pending state until a certain day. Is there a way to do this that’s versatile enough that I could also open a ticket in advance for someone’s AD account to be suspended, or other topics that aren’t necessarily revoking access? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ZMD Please take a moment to comment and upvote this idea that would accomplish your goal! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I agree with @krhilby on the need to just be able to schedule a normal ticket. There’s a lot of things that we just rely on calendar reminders for because we can’t schedule it without a template.

If there’s something I know I need a ticket for a week from now, why not schedule it by going through the ticket creation process like normal, but having an option to set a date for it to be “created” later. Basically putting it in a pending state that only people with the Administrator role could see or something.

Creating a new template for every one-off instance of this causes us to have a million templates if we don’t go back and delete the template when we’re done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jclark16 I agree that would be very helpful for your workflows!! 

Has there been any kind of movement on something like this. Ticket templates are a lot of extra work just to schedule the date. I wish we could just click on The spot where it says submitted and then change that to the scheduled day. And then the View only show tickets with the submitted date of today and before. Our old System had this feature and it was a huge help. Switching to the templates have been impractical and I'm not always the one putting in the ticket that needs to be scheduled. A lot of times we get new hire tickets from outside people that aren't needed until 3 months in the future and them sitting there the whole time is very cluttered and inconvenient. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RWinchester 977ad07 bcsc Please make sure to add your feedback on the idea linked. Our product team looks for feedback here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas/timed%2Dticket%2Dstatus%2Dchanges%2D1537