Solved

Can't see all my devices when I great an asset group

• 15 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge

I like to create asset groups so I can have a quick look on how many devices I have and where they are. I just did another group and I know I have 88 devices, but only 2 shows up. I don’t know how to fix this so I can see all 88 devices? thanks, cheryl 

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 20 February 2024, 15:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @cher 

What are the filters that you are using when creating the asset group?

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cher 

In the Asset Group Designer you are prompted to added the filters per group. In your screenshot that was the different columns. 

Badge

I add asset type-apple tv, location i click all campuses, models are apple tv, apple tv4k, It doesn’t even give me one asset tag. When I add asset to the filter, I don’t see any apple tv asset tag numbers

Badge

I did what you showed me, but I dont’ see them. thanks, cheryl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cher Hey there, I just looked at your site, and it appears your Apple TVs are populating with the asset tag. Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? 

Badge

yes, I had to click on every asset tag number in order for them to populate in the group. thanks, cheryl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cher That is interesting and not as intended. Are you able to populate another custom view using a different model? 

Badge

yes I have a few groups that will give me a group, but it looks like the devices that were inported into IQ from our old inventory software is what is not pulling up. Do you think some devices needs some information  in order to show up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cher  Do those devices live in your new software as well? It might be because they are not writing into iiQ.