Question

Easier way to find vidoes only. Not zoom videos but intro and how to for each section.

• 12 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m a visual leaner and I love watching videos. I don’t mind the how-to guides but I like to watch what I’m learning in action. I don’t want to read every one’s comments if I don’t know what I’m supposed to do! Are there full videos of how to for Importing Parts and Inventory? I want to watch a video first to see how I can apply it to my job. Is there a web page with only videos? I went on YouTube but the videos are only a minute or two minutes long. I started the academy program for new employee but I don’t like the short videos and then read then a video and so forth. I’ve been working in my position for a month now and I have a lot to learn for IIQ. Also, If you make a a section for new employees basics. All the information provided is good but overwhelming! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @DPadilla 6308d7c besd 

The Academy is the best place to find how to videos. Here is a lesson with a video around importing parts: https://learn.incidentiq.com/topic/importing-part-list/

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I agree with @DPadilla 6308d7c besd - Many people learn so much faster by being able to actually see the process in a video. The videos in The Academy are great. Unfortunately, there are only a limited number of topics available.

It would be great to see an expanded library in The Academy. I came into community looking for a info on the new Quick Tickets feature. I tried creating a new quick ticket by reading the written instructions, but got stuck when trying to limit who can see the ticket. I clicked “view users”, then selected my users… then nothing. I can’t figure out how to save them as the selected viewers. If I had been watching a video, I think my question would have been answered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dbreault Thank you for your feedback. We are working on getting the Academy updated for you! Be on the lookout for updates! 😄

Thank you for considering my feedback. It could be that I’m so use to finding whatever I need on YouTube and when I find the video I’m looking for I watch the video (gives me an option to fast forward the parts that don’t pertain to me or I can rewind to understand it a little better) or watch a short or subscribe to the community to be involved with others. Maybe this is why I find the the Zoom videos or the self-pace vidoes/reading articles difficult for me. I’m looking forward to what your team comes up with.