Solved

Is there a way to set certain types of issues to not require selecting an asset?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We have an issue type “Loaner Pool” that we use to distribute various loaner devices. Open the ticket, issue a spare from the spare pool, set a deadline, return the spare when returned, close the ticket.

But… it would be keen to be able to clear the “select asset” requirement from those tickets, since the asset that’s selected is actually _the spare_ that was issued, not some other asset.

Any way to do that?

icon

Best answer by spsalexs 3 May 2024, 15:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

We get around this by putting those types of requests like device assignment for a new student under “Other Requests”. It will only force you to tie it to an asset if the ticket is attached to a model. There is no way to turn it off for certain issues and it’s only available as a toggle under “Site Options”

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hmm. We like it being attached to a model, since that connects us to the right spare pool out of the gate. A trade-off in convenience I guess. Nice suggestion.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Also this button allows you to ignore it on the individual tickets. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It does. I just don’t like having to click it. ;)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

(but I’m veering towards your model-free issue type idea.)

Userlevel 1

Hmm. We like it being attached to a model, since that connects us to the right spare pool out of the gate. A trade-off in convenience I guess. Nice suggestion.

I believe you can edit the filter on the spare pool to reflect the issue category instead of the model. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Digging into our configuration this morning. Thank you @spsalexs and @TDeering 407bd83 chsd155 both for your suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@sbattis Would love to know what you end up going with! Please share your findings on this thread once you have created your workflow 😄