Question

Checking Estimated Number of Attendees when reserving a room/space

• 11 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

In my experiments with setting up iIQ Events, the person submitting a Event ticket can eventually reserve a room/space with a larger Number of Attendees that the room’s/space’s has defined. Is there a way to disallow the submitter from selecting a room/space (by making such spaces invisible for selection) or by flashing a warning about the discrepancy between needs and capacity? One of the many reasons we want to use iIQ events is to minimize the back and forth with Events personnel and present the Submitter with unambiguous information to make the process smoother.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Derek I Smith 

So when a requestor enters the number of attendees when requesting and event, you are only wanting the rooms to show that can accommodate that number automatically? 

Badge

Yes, Hannah, precisely. Why show several small conference rooms when a requestor is looking for spaces which handle larger numbers? A side benefit is that the rooms which do appear are a small subset of all conference rooms available, thus decluttering the screen of rooms which are not applicable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Derek I Smith When you reserve a room in iiQ events, you can put the estimated number of attendees: 

Then, if a room has a max capacity listed, It will show on the next page for rooms: 

Do you want this not to show at all? 

Badge

Rooms that don’t meet space requirements should not appear. If I request a meeting space for 100 people, rooms which can hold fewer than 100 shouldn’t be an option. My reason for this is to minimize the back and forth an events approver has to go through when a submitter makes the wrong choice. Not giving the submitter the option of choosing a room that does not meet requested capacity is more user friendly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Derek I Smith I understand. Thank you for clarifying. This is an enhancement request that will need to be posted here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas