Question

Error When using Password Assistant

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Each time we try using password assistant this is what we receive. Has anyone seen this before?

Connecting to Local Ad to get list of users requiring a password reset on next login ** Getting list of password reset requests from IncidentIQ ** Sending byte(s) to GET https://jobs.incidentiq.com/apps/passwordReset/api/microsoftLocalAdSso/queue ** IncidentIQ returned list of 1 queued reset requests. ** The user was found in the core system [CN=Demo Teacher,OU=Test,DC=dlsd,DC=local]. Proceeding to update password. ** An unexpected error occurred. The error message is: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. / at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args) at IncidentIQ.Connectors.MicrosoftAd.PasswordReset.Start(Nullable`1 CancellationToken) in C:\proj\Clients\Spark\ADSync\MicrosoftAd\PasswordReset.cs:line 106. Inner exception: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) / . ** Sending password reset request status to IncidentIQ ** Sending 388 byte(s) to POST https://jobs.incidentiq.com/apps/passwordReset/api/microsoftLocalAdSso/queue ** Response from IncidentIQ -- [{"Id":"c92558bb-f4b7-45d7-9f45-cb33852b9e90","PasswordResetRequestId":"b4656b0d-99ab-4c11-9647-b937f872a27d","CreatedDate":"2023-03-16T18:30:16.237Z","ServerResponse":"Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))","UserLookupValues":[{"FieldName":"userPrincipalName","Value":"demoteacher@deerlakes.net"}],"Success":false,"Provider":4}] ** Manual run finished **

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jmerwin Thank you for submitting your question to community. We are happy to see you here!

So with this error message, this is typically one of two issues. First, the account you provided, the connector app to connect to, does not have the necessary permissions to reset passwords. The second would be running the app as a non- admin. I suggest looking into the two fixes and letting me know which one works for you! 😄

Badge

I gave the account the permissions in the setup document. I tried running the app as administrator with the same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jmerwin Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Go ahead and submit a ticket to support then. They will be able to give you a more clear answer! 😄

Badge

I have a ticket in and was just told it's being worked on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jmerwin Glad to hear it! Hope this will get resolved soon for you! 😄