Question

Fee Tracker - If they do not turn in all their technology is there a way we can still assess a charge in case they move back into the county?

Badge +1

When a student moves we lose them in iiQ. If they do not turn in all their technology is there a way we can still assess a charge in case they move back into the county? Also, allowing us to generate a bill to send to the next school along with the records.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmoore 
Thanks for your question. Are your users that move removed from iiQ because they are deleted or deactivated from your SSO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cmoore 
Wanted to reach back out regarding this question. Please see my reply above ^^

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Different setup, but similar question- We are currently looking ahead on how we will deal with no longer having old students in IIQ.  We currently do on-prem AD sync and when students leave, they switch roles to “No Access”. It makes it nice to create views, but tricky to centrally manage. We have a few hundred No Access from 20-21 and 21-22 still assigned a device they never returned. We have a third-party (One2One Risk) for insurance and fees, but also mirror the claims in IIQ fees and payments.  The idea of having a long-term history of fees seems to be necessary. When do you then purge old accounts?  We would like to simplify and move to Azure or Google SSO, but do not want the students to disappear from IIQ.

It’s very challenging to create a rule to automate a ticket for a “stolen” Chromebook.  We have students that move from building to building and temporarily have the “No Access” status, so it’s hard to use that as a trigger. As an FYI, we went full 1:1 in the fall of 2020 with 9,000 Chromebooks.

Do other districts just zero out fees at the end of each year? We won’t have all of our repairs completed until mid-summer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Our system is set to move users to “No Access” role, but never delete them if they leave. The fines information still remains in the system so if they come back the fine will remain. This just gave me the idea to create a view for my district that has “No Access” role, but has outstanding fines. This will let my agents track down people who owe us money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sestep 
We do not delete the user's account within iiQ. You are correct in stating that they are set to “No Access.” You can only see users that are set to “No Access” if you filter by that role. 

You can switch over to Azure or Google SSO and not lose any information. I would reach out to our support team to get more information on the best approach to turning off your current SSO and turning on Azure or Google. 

Regarding your comment “We have students that move from building to building and temporarily have the “No Access” status, so it’s hard to use that as a trigger.”
Wondering why they are set to “no access” when moving from building to building? Is this something set up within your SSO that is being pushed back to iiQ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cmoore @sestep Following up on this question. Was there a solution you found for this?