Skip to main content

I’m trying to test the Google Devices OU Write back feature by manually running a Full Sync.  When I do this, my test device does not move into the mapped OU as I would expect it to.  However, when I manually Push Data the device does move into the mapped OU as expected.  I’m trying to understand why this is the case.  My thought is that the Full Sync would also include pushing data to Google, so can you tell me why the device’s OU doesn’t change on a Full Sync, but does change on a data Push? 

I want to ensure that our devices will change OU’s during the nightly sync based on our OU mappings.

@Robert Cebula Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

A full sync will not push the data - only pull it into iiQ. The nightly sync will push and pull data. This seems to be working as we are expecting it to. 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Hello @Kathryn Carter ,

As a follow-up question to this, when the nightly sync runs can you tell me what is the order of the push and pull?  Does it first pull data from Google to IIQ, and then push data from IIQ to Google, or vice-versa?

@Robert Cebula Great question! From my understanding, it is a push then pull. 

Is there a limit to the number of updates that can be pushed at one time?  It seems that we have to run the push more than once for all of our google devices to be updated.

@Robert Cebula That is interesting… Have you cleared all your caching and such? Sometimes if everything is cluttered on the site, it will not load properly for me.