Solved

Add a required field

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey all! I’m trying to find how I can add a required field when adding new assets. I want there to be a field for IP Address and MAC address when creating a new asset (like a server). I have IP and MAC as fields but they don’t show up to select when I go to Required Fields. Any help is much appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by spsalexs 1 May 2024, 20:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can create required custom fields by defining the fields in the field definitions page under Admin > Custom Fields.

From the Field Definitions page you can define a custom field and mark it as required. 

After you define and save your field, you can then apply it to the appropriate assets/tickets etc. This is what we have for our hotspots.

Now when we go and create a new asset that meets the conditions we specified, if it’s required it should show that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the feedback! I do have MAC and IP listed as fields for Networking model categories under Custom Fields. When trying to add a networking asset, those fields still do not appear. The only fields that appear when adding a new asset are the ones listed also under Required Fields (IP and MAC are missing). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The only other thing I can think of would be to make sure your models are mapped to the right category. I have noticed in IIQ that there are some weird categorizations and some duplicate ones. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Boom, you rock. I went back and realized certain models were selected. I took them out, only leaving the model categories and it showed right up. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

So glad to see you got your question answered @JTichavsky 433b89d creighton

Thank yo @spsalexs for providing that solution. Great job! 😄