Solved

Add Models Not Showing

Badge +1

Last week we were adding new models in via the models tab under administration.  Today, when we logged in there is no longer a models tab under administration.  When I look at the policies, it shows we have rights, but it isn’t there.  Did the ability to add new models change or move?

icon

Best answer by PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd 29 May 2024, 17:18

View original

11 replies

Badge

Having a similar issue here and it seems to have cropped up with the latest update.

That said, I did notice, and this may have been part of the same update, that the option for non active models can be searched for in the model drop down when making a new asset.

Selecting a non-active model allowed me to add the asset and in turn activated the model type.

Another issue that did pop up in my testing, however, is that if the model I need to add is not on the searchable list, I cannot add it as a new/custom option.

Is this the new expectation for adding models? How would we go about adding custom models when they are not listed in the not active category?

I am trying to add a new model via importing a new asset .csv and it is typing rubbish instead of what I name the new model/. Then it skips the import stating asset type is needed. 

Badge +1

That is the issue that we are experiencing.  There are many models that we have or use that are not listed in the model list (active or inactive), so we need to be able to add in additional models into the list so that we can have a correct inventory of our devices.

Badge

we are experiencing the same issue with “Models” not showing up to add one that’s not there…. any update on this? Looks like it’s not only me that has the issue, so something’s happened on the back end…… 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It was interesting to see this issue - when I looked at the permisions for Global Admin all of the permissions related to Models were turned off. When I turned them back on, I could see Model and Model Categories in the Admin tab, but when I opened a second tab they then disappeared. Going directly to “yourdistricturl.incidentiq.com/agent/models” allowed me to still access the tab, but the “+ Add Model” button is greyed out. Same goes for Model Categories, so they are definitely changing something without letting everyone know. Not exactly happy with the Permissions roll-out as it seems to keep changing features we would expect in a sudden and unexpected manner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@platatech Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Did you recently transition to the new Enhanced Permissions? The asset model permissions have broken down to allow more granular permissions: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It was interesting to see this issue - when I looked at the permisions for Global Admin all of the permissions related to Models were turned off. When I turned them back on, I could see Model and Model Categories in the Admin tab, but when I opened a second tab they then disappeared. Going directly to “yourdistricturl.incidentiq.com/agent/models” allowed me to still access the tab, but the “+ Add Model” button is greyed out. Same goes for Model Categories, so they are definitely changing something without letting everyone know. Not exactly happy with the Permissions roll-out as it seems to keep changing features we would expect in a sudden and unexpected manner.

Coming back to this later, it seems the issue was the updated Permissions turned off Models and Model Categories, and then it was a caching issue with being able to see the Models tab and the “+ Add Model” button working.

I’d highly recommend anyone having the issue to 1) confirm they have the Permissions right and then 2) reset the cache in their browser to make sure things are displaying properly. Doing those I can confirm I’m able to edit Models as expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd Thank you for confirming this caching issue. I will bring this up to our team! 

Badge +1

We were seeing the same thing in our district. I had to check the boxes for Asset Administration for our Admin level to fix it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@AJennings 2039489 daretolearn Thank you for sharing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I followed up with our support team. They are aware of this issue with the Models permission being disabled when migrating to the enhanced permission. They are working on correcting this issue. 

We will keep you updated when a fix has been made. 

If you do see this issue before a fix has been release, you are able to go into permission policy and enable that option manually to see the Models option under Admin.