Solved

Adding two new printers, how do I choose the correct model?

Hello and thanks for having me as part of the community. We purchased two very specific printers for the art department and when I go to add a new asset, the specific model does not come up as an option in the drop-down menu. The printers are HP Color LaserJet Pro 4201dn and I see hundreds of options but not that one. For the time being, I just chose a model that looked somewhat similar and created the asset, but I was hoping to be able to map it specifically to the correct make/model if possible.

I apologize if this is a “newb” question, but this is my first full year(school season here ends in a few weeks) working in a school district environment, thus my first year of  engaging/interacting with iiQ. Also, for additional reference, I created a support ticket but the response was just a link to an article for uploading large CSV files, whereas, I literally just need to do these two printers, as the rest of the district uses other models. 

Thank you for any assistance that can be offered.  

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 28 May 2024, 13:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

If you have the appropriate permissions in IIQ, you can create new models. Under admin, click “Models” and then look to see if you have the “+ Add Model” option on the upper right corner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@JDunlap 763bce3 gcsd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 Welcome to iiQ; we are so glad you are here! 

So if your printer is not on the models list, I would create a new model. Are these printers mapped through your MDM? If so, which one? If you are uploading your devices via CSV that might be your best option. 

I would suggest just creating the new models just as @TDeering 407bd83 chsd155 added above! This way, you can add all the information you need about the printer, especially if it is only 2 printers.