Asset Assignment, Room Assignment, User Assignment

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Currently, we assign each asset to a user and then indicate what room that user is located in within a building.

I am not impressed with this option because each year we have tons of users move from room to room, but the asset stays in the room.  That being said, each year, I have to go in and unassign at least 5 assets from each user that moves a room, assign them to a new user, and so on and so forth for each user.

This can be overwhelmingly time consuming.

I do count on searching by user on a regular basis to find the assets assigned to them so I can remotely log in to devices.  Our users can not find an asset tag or computer name 90% of the time, so this is a huge life saver for us.

I saw some community members discuss My Classes, but I’m not sure that would work for us either.  

Pros/Cons/Thoughts on the potential processes we could use.  

Currently, we are going to be starting at ground zero with assets and reuploading everything, so that is not a concern at this time, but finding something that works long term is.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@kupcas Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

You can create a rule that when the device is checked out, it matches and is assigned to the owner’s location. 

This should allow the device to follow the owner’s location. I hope this helps 

That is just Updating Location, How can we get the Asset room to update to the room of the user ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MZottmann 51023ae d70schools For the room, this is a site option: 

The toggles for rooms would need to be on to update the rooms to match the owners' room. Please note this is site-wide, so this will be turned on for all devices; you will not be able to add filters/conditions to this setting. I hope this helps 😄