Solved

Asset View - Showing Chromebook OS Version

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have had some issues with chromebooks not pulling the latest update via Google Admin Console.  This has caused some issues with some applications

and testing applications.  I went to try and create an asset view to and add the “OS Version” as a column and found that it is not there.  Is this not an option via IIQ?  I want to confirm with others before making a request to add this as an “Idea”.

Our example is that a 4th grade teacher has stated that some students are able to get to a certain program via their chromebook.  Of course I did not receive names so I wanted to see what OS versions are on all 4th grade chromebooks.  I am not seeing this as a field under the applications section.

icon

Best answer by SMillsTVSD 20 April 2023, 14:19

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I’m not sure this is what you have in Mind, but when you create a custom view with Assets, you can click the columns tab and add “Google Device Data - Chrome Version”.

You can sort the assets per building, per model, however you have your devices broken up. 

Is this what you were asking?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That is exactly what I was looking for but if you can see based on my screenshot, I do not have that as an option.  That is what I was looking for initially so I wonder what needs enabled to get there in that list or is my stuff out of date?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Interesting. Are your devices set to auto update Chrome on the Chromebooks in Google Admin? I’m trying to think of other settings that might affect this from Google Admin. Other than that, I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Well that is the whole reason I started looking at this….I remember looking and making changes in Google Admin to auto update chromebooks, but I found a couple that were not able to do the CDT test and needed updated.  So I wanted to create some views to look at the OS Compliance and that's how I discovered that I do not have those fields to use in my columns.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I’m on a mission to help now. Please tell me to stop if I get annoying 😀

In Google Admin… Under Chrome → Settings → Device → and Device Settings, Is the Report device OS information checked for the version?

or, I have no idea what I’m talking about and you shouldn’t trust my offerings. Lol

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@SMillsTVSD 

I just verified that all three of those are checked.  The thing is, I do have it reporting in IIQ as you can see in the attached photo, but IIQ does not offer me the field to select when creating the custom view.  It’s almost like it’s an IIQ issue and not Google Admin, but I could be wrong.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Drats. Foiled again. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@SMillsTVSD 

What does your mappings look like compared to this?  I think this may be it! 

This is under IIQ/IIQ Apps/Manage/Google Devices/General Settings Tab/Map Custom Values…

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Fingers Crossed it’s this

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I would have to imagine this is the answer!  I made the changes and did a full sync within the app, but I am still not seeing those fields.  It may take a bit on the backend for it to update, I am not entirely sure.  I really do appreciate your help in troubleshooting this with me!  It’s great to see you helping like you are!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I know this is so simple and I don’t mean any disrespect, but maybe log out and back in? This really does seem like the place for the change to be. I really do love iIQ for our District so any time I can jump in and help OR learn something myself, is a good thing. You are very welcome!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ding Ding Ding!

That did it! 

Thank you very much for your assistance!  Look’s like that just created more work for me!  On to adjust my views and track some chromebooks down to see why they are not updating!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

YAY!!!!

Enjoy your new filter 😀 Another reason I have found that the testing app doesn’t show in our Middle School and High School kids is they wiggled their way out of our enrollment. Such Naughty Noodles. I check the OS first and then call them down and re-enroll. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@drose807 Thank you for submitting your question. I am glad you were able to solve this with @SMillsTVSD ! @SMillsTVSD is the best and one of my new iiQ community besties. I am so glad you worked through this together! Love seeing all the collaboration. This is what our community is about! 😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Kathryn Carter Hey Bestie 😃

I've Got this setup, but for some reason it isn't pulling it into the field. If I click on the Asset it shows the data, and the field is there, but it is just blank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@drose807 @SMillsTVSD Any trouble shooting advice for @RWinchester 977ad07 bcsc??