Solved

Can I merge all data from one location to another?

• 17 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello! We have two locations that have merged into one. Is there an easy way in iiQ for me to merge all of the ticket and asset data from one Location into the other?

icon

Best answer by nburke 17 March 2023, 21:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Are you trying to do this for closed tickets too? I know you can do bulk editing within the ticket views and assign it to a new team-which we have our teams sorted by school/location but that doesn’t change the location of the ticket. I think the only way to change the location is to do them one by one because I don’t see where you can merge them together.  I wonder too if you can map your old location to your new location??  If you go into the Administration section and Mappings-choose Locations and map your old location to your new one. I don’t know if that will go back and edit old tickets, but can re-map any new ones.  But that might not be what you’re trying to achieve either.

As for assets, you can bulk edit those if you create a view of all the assets for the old location.  Then click on the checkbox in the top right, then click OTHER and choose SET INFO and add Location as a field to update. 

Badge

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nburke YES!!! Way to go getting that question answered! The screenshots were so helpful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

@AJenkins Thank you for submitting your question. I am so glad to hear you got your answer. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you need more assistance. 😄