Solved

Deprovisioned devices

• 2 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We have 2000 devices that we deprovisoned and moved into a specific Deprovison OU. However, the devices are moved back into their original OU every night. Do I need to set up a filter to stop this? I don't understand why it's moving them back into their old OU.  

icon

Best answer by DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd 6 November 2023, 13:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MaryReed Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Within your OU for your MDM, are they in that de-provisioned OU as well? If the OUs don't match, iiQ will write back and correct the OUs. 

Badge +1

We moved all of the deprovisioned devices into a different OU See image below.

Every night they are moved out of the Deprovisoned OU and back to the school OU. Is there a rule or filter to stop this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Based on your images, if the Asset is set to Spalding High School in iiQ it will move it to the SPHS/Devices OU in Google Admin regardless of the Google device status (Active, Disabled, Deprovisioned, etc). What I would recommend is adding another filter that specifically moves Assets with their iiQ Status set as Retired to the Deprovisioned OU. I provided images to showcase how we have that configured at our district. This works out great if you incorporate using the Deprovision option within iiQ and configure the Google Devices app to set Deprovisioned devices to the Retired status. (You shouldn’t need to include the Model Category: Chromebooks filter unless you have other non-Chromebook Google devices within your district that you don’t want this to apply to.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd Thank you for providing this! @MaryReed Did this solution help you??

Badge +1

@DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd Thank you so much! @Kathryn Carter Yes this will resolve our issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@MaryReed You’re welcome! You may also want to add a filter to exclude devices that are set to Retired to your existing rule that moves Active devices to their appropriate OU.