Solved

Deprovisioned devices unlinking from ticket

• 28 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

When I send a Chromebook to Dell for repair, they automatically deprovision the device, causing the asset/device to unlink from the iiQ ticket after syncing with our Google Admin Console. Is there a way to prevent assets from unlinking to tickets during repair, regardless of their status in Google Admin? 

icon

Best answer by DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd 5 April 2024, 13:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JSanders 397a803 rbbschools Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I believe that since you have Google updating those changes into iiQ, it isn’t possible. Do any of our Google districts have a workaround for this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

What do you have Deprovisioned Devices set to in the Google Devices app? When Dell deprovisions our Chromebooks during repair they are not unlinked from the ticket. Attached are the settings that we use:

Userlevel 1

Perfect! Thanks so much!! That’s exactly what I was looking for but had assumed it was somewhere on the Google Admin side. Can I ask why you chose not to check the box below the asset status? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The reason we only have the Update status with every sync checkbox set for Active devices is because there are certain scenarios in which we don’t want the device’s status in Google to override the status set in iiQ. Using the settings in the image I provided as an example every time the Google Devices app syncs with iiQ, if a device is considered Active in Google it will change the status in iiQ to Active. When we Disable and/or Deprovision a device via iiQ (or if it is done manually on Google) it will change the iiQ status to reflect that. However if a device is missing/lost and is already Disabled in Google, we have an Asset Status specifically for that and don’t want Google to override it back to Disabled during the next Google sync. In theory now that I’m typing it out, that checkbox could probably be set for Deprovisioned Devices as well since at the moment we don’t set those devices to any other Asset Status other than Retired. Sorry for the long winded response, I hope that wasn’t too confusing and answered your question!

Userlevel 1

Thanks again, really appreciate the detailed responses! I’m going to set our settings just like yours so that should solve my issue. Have a great weekend! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great job @DBergstol 8606904 ewrsd and thank you for sharing!