Solved

Export Headers to Match Import Headers

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Is there an asset export option that matches exactly the import expectations? I certainly may be overlooking the option to do this. I do realize this is a small change, but it seems this data should flow out of and into IIQ seamlessly. 

I have setup export views to be able to export our assets, make changes to owners, etc. en masse. The import asset function requires slightly different header values than any of the export options. “Asset Tag” with a space is exported while “AssetTag” is the expected import value. “Model” is the only export value whereas “Model Name” is the expected import value. 

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 24 May 2023, 15:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cgravesmcsd Thank you for submitting your question. 

This is not possible but this would be a great enhancement to add to our Idea Exchange here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Badge

@Kathryn Carter Thanks for the response and verification. This doesn’t seem like an “enhancement” or an “idea” as much as it seems like basic functionality. Export headers should generally match the import headers since it’s all the same system. I’ll continue to manually map until IIQ fixes the issue. Thanks. 

Just sharing an example of the issue in case anyone is looking to fix the issue. “Warranty Exp. Date” is the only header value related to the warranty date for exporting. “Warranty Expiration Date” is the expected import header value. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cgravesmcsd Thank you for bringing this to my attention and an example! The more information and screenshots you provide, the better we will be able to address your question. 

I will run this to my supervisor to see our next move! I will give you an update when I receive one! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cgravesmcsd From the product team @ttownes_iiQ “ we have the unique blessing of not requiring perfect header matches to get successful imports.” This would be a product enhancement for the UX. Please “highlight that we have a wicked awesome import utility.” 😆

If you would like for the names to match exactly, please submit this to our Idea Exchange. 😄