Question

Failed Verifications

• 30 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am starting to set up our Audit Manager and have scheduled a monthly automatic verification and a yearly in person verifcation schedule for our chromebooks at the high school.  We have started to go through the list of failed verifcations and check what those students currently have.  When checking their devices we manually verify those devices but they are still showing up as failed verifications after we add it manually.  Do I have something set up incorrectly or does it take a while for the system to change their status?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Would you be able to provide an example (asset tag) or screenshot? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Kathryn Carter 

I had something similar where i had an in person verification at one school and a auto verification for the rest of the schools. Even when i excluded the assets of the in person building it still over rode the verification. Also, is there a way to export the comments of past verifications. I would like to be able to see what was said when the verification was done

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Here are a couple of screenshots from a device I was working with this morning.  It is showing “Pending Verification” but on the verification tab it says that it has been verified. It is the samething that is happening when we manually verify devices but it still shows it failed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Kathryn Carter

I had something similar where i had an in person verification at one school and a auto verification for the rest of the schools. Even when i excluded the assets of the in person building it still over rode the verification. Also, is there a way to export the comments of past verifications. I would like to be able to see what was said when the verification was done

What filters do you apply to your verifications inside the google devices app page?  I set location to my high school, roles to student, and then model category to chromebooks. I accidently made a verifcation profile that included all the devices so I was getting double verifcations by accident. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are in the process of setting up our automated verification alongside our manual verification process. In working with an IIQ dev team member he let me know that if you set up a schedule with Automated and In-person verifications, it is possible to experience automated verifications that set verified assets in the schedule as not being verified. To prevent this, he recommended setting up automated and in-person verifications as separate schedules in the policy to avoid any instances of this occurring. I figured I would mention that here. It sounds like your policies are separate though, one running monthly and the other running yearly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We are in the process of setting up our automated verification alongside our manual verification process. In working with an IIQ dev team member he let me know that if you set up a schedule with Automated and In-person verifications, it is possible to experience automated verifications that set verified assets in the schedule as not being verified. To prevent this, he recommended setting up automated and in-person verifications as separate schedules in the policy to avoid any instances of this occurring. I figured I would mention that here. It sounds like your policies are separate though, one running monthly and the other running yearly. 

That is good to know.  I did have both the automated and in person process in one schedule.  I will switch that right now.  Appreciate the input!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erica Thank you for providing a solution! This is exactly what I would recommend!

@JRood 877c5a lvpioneers Thank you for giving additional information. It always helps to best understand what you are looking to do 😄

@evanhees Please follow the suggestion from @Erica