Solved

Is there a Shortcut to Check-in a Device

• 14 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have a shortcut set up that applies actions and sets the status of the device, I was wondering two things if there is a way to add checking in to this shortcut and if I am misunderstanding how to apply the location of Room # to the device for storage

icon

Best answer by TechDavis 28 November 2023, 21:32

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

You can adjust the status of the device with a shortcut. Additionally, you can adjust the location within the shortcut. Here is a screenshot of what it will look like: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here are the current settings for my shortcut:

I cant see how to change ownership of the device to unassigned and even though I have the location setting applied they do not apply.  The actions apply and the status changes from In-service to In- Storage.  I didn’t know if that feature may be with an upgraded service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis Thank you for expanding and clarifying on your post. 

This would be an enhancement request but I could not find an existing one. Please head here to submit: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

As a workaround you could make a custom status that, with a “when asset is updated rule” that checks in the device. Removes client, sets location, sets status, etc.” We have one that’s enabled titled “Check into Storage” with the idea that if our agents go to that they don’t have to remember what else to set. It does it all for them.

Your shortcut could set the asset status to that custom one, which would update the asset and trigger the rule. Not perfect, as too many of these would clutter up your asset statuses however.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for sharing that work around @bclark 😄

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@bclark Thanks for the idea @Kathryn Carter will get that done today. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Also @Kathryn Carter would there be any reason that the set room number portion of the shortcut would not work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TechDavis There should not be a reason it would not work. Is it not working for you? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It does not set the room number.  I figured it is not doing it because the main location doesn't change or it is part of a feature we may not be paying for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

We have this now open in the idea exchange, if you are seeing this post you can go here to upvote the idea:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you for adding that link @TechDavis 😄