Solved

Is there a way to Link multiple assets at once instead of one by one?

Badge

The example is linking multiple laptop assets to one cart instead of individually linking the asset one at a time.

icon

Best answer by TAnders 5 May 2022, 00:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Can’t you do this here:

Badge +2

@Belcher.shane That’s where we are, on linked assets.  But (in my for instance) I have a spreadsheet with serial numbers.  It would be helpful to copy and paste, say, 10 serial numbers and have them all linked.  Right now, it’s a one at a time deal hitting + Link Asset then the item.

Badge +2

Team, this may be the way (to use a Star Wars theme on May 4):

https://learn.incidentiq.com/courses/working-with-assets/

There’s a “bulk actions” item in the training.  Heading there now.

Edit: don’t go to that.  The video shows using a barcode scanner to add multiple in, not a spreadsheet.  @aaronca1 if you have access to a scanner, go for it that way!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

The easiest way that we found was to create a new asset view and set your filters to “Asset” then copy/paste from your spreadsheet, it will load all the asset tags or serial numbers in and select them to add to the view. Then you can add your cart/storage locker to the same view and bulk “link” them in there.

Fun side story, this is how we also discovered a bug in the first launch of the bulk action items update a month or two back, one of our agents did this exact method but the system overflowed and assigned EVERY asset in the system to a single user, including like software models and locations.

Badge +2

Oh that side story is funny (would be terrible when it first happened but darn funny afterwards)!

YES!  The steps you gave are doing exactly what I needed!  114 cracked screens going into a ticket now.  Thank you!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Oh that side story is funny (would be terrible when it first happened but darn funny afterwards)!

YES!  The steps you gave are doing exactly what I needed!  114 cracked screens going into a ticket now.  Thank you!!!

Awesome, glad to hear it’s working. Luckily the IIQ admins and dev team were able to rollback that change, but it sure was fun to see a teacher assigned “Google SSO” and “Microsoft Windows” as their own asset.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I haven’t tried this but i wonder if you could create a linked asset column in the import file and update multiple items at once that way by providing the asset tag.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Belcher.shane thanks for jumping in with the quick responses! @TAnders thanks for not only helping here, but catching that bug a few months back! I hate that it happened, but it sounds like you can look back and laugh now 😀

@KevinWeirSGUSD the force is strong with this answer 😉  glad you were able to find a solution!

@aaronca1 were you able to find your answer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I haven’t tried this but i wonder if you could create a linked asset column in the import file and update multiple items at once that way by providing the asset tag.  

I have tried this, and it is not currently possible. I know I put that in as an enhancement request on the old enhancement board, not sure if it was moved to the new one yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Belcher.shane, @TAnders is correct, this is not currently possible. You are more than welcome to add it to Idea Exchange until the old ideas are moved over. 

Badge

@Jessica Adkins This solution worked great thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@aaronca1 awesome! I’m glad the community members were able to help 😎