Skip to main content

Is there a way to search for ~5,000 asset tags and export their serial numbers? We are selling a large quantity of iPads and all I have is their asset tags. But we need to be able to provide our MDM a list of serial numbers.

So far the only way I have figured out how to do this is by exporting out entire inventory of iPads and doing filtering through Excel, but it’s been time consuing.

I know you can copy and paste up to 100 asset tags, but is there a feature somewhere to filter on 1,000s of asset tags?

There is not 😔

This is a struggle we’ve felt for a long time. I rarely deal with fewer than 100 line items when I’m searching for assets, so the 100 limit is incredibly frustrating.

Vote on this so we can make them change it! lol

Bummer! I went ahead and up-voted that and added my own comment.

@MLocke 773d4ae eacs Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

There is currently not a direct way to do this. However, there is the idea @jclark added and a workaround if you could add a custom field to those assets and then filter by the custom field. You could adjust the asset status as well within your MDM or iiQ and filter the assets that way. 

Thanks @jclark Thank you for adding your comment and that idea thread to this question!