Solved

Model Categories showing even when not available in the product

• 15 April 2024
  • 4 replies

As we have been working through importing our assets, when we get to choosing the model category, we are noticing that categories are showing up even though they are not available. We are not using a bunch of the categories and they are not turned on for either ticketing or facilities, yet it is still showing up as an option on the imports. Has anyone found a way to hide these so end users cannot choose them? 

An example is the Appliances from the IIQ catalog, there is a red x for both ticketing and facilities, yet when they do an import, they show as an option when doing a mapping.  This is causing things to be put in the wrong category.  

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 17 April 2024, 15:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m trying to understand where precisely you are running into this issue - using “Import Assets” involves creating a CSV file so you wouldn’t have that issue there.

Are you talking about clicking on “+ New Asset”? Even there you select a “Model” but not a “Model Category.”

Could you explain more or include screenshots of where the issue is occuring?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think I see what the issue is now - when you click on “+ New Asset” and go to “Model” the dropdown initially lists ALL and ONLY the models that you have that are active, but if you type in the model then it shows EVERYTHING. While it does indicate those that are active and those that are inactive, I can see how that doesn’t necessarily help speed up the process.

So to answer your question - no, there isn’t a way to hide those ones and still type in your model name as that’s how iiQ has things set up. Would be nice if there was a toggle at least since typing in the name can obviously speed things up rather than need to take the trade off of typing PRECISELY what you are searching for or SCROLLING every time to the asset you wanted.

@PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd Correct. The issue is that they will get put in the wrong category because a user didn’t notice that it was inactive and choose it anyway and it automatically activates the category then. This can be confusing for the users doing the import. (Creating new models). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RWilkerson 907f98a butlertech Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

I can see the frustration with this. Here is an idea about hiding those inactive models for imports or otherwise: