Skip to main content
Solved

Request for reports or asset management

• 24 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Would like to be run a report or create view that shows all charging carts assigned to a location what shows all devices linked to each cart. 

7 replies

Userlevel 2

From what I’ve seen, what you’re looking for doesn’t exist at this time. You should be able to create a view to show you the carts, but you’ll have to click on each cart to see the assigned/linked devices.

Here’s an older thread with some workarounds other districts have implemented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@SS1000 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

You are unable to pull a report you are describing but there are a few work arounds. Thanks @AMeyer Greendale Schools for adding that comment in, it is exactly what I would suggest them checking out! 😄

Here is an idea to check out as well: 

Badge +1

Is there someone who can walk me through the workarounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@SS1000 Yes, we can go through setting them up! Which workaround looks best for you? You can make the cart a room & assign the devices to the room. Additionally, you could link the assets to the cart and assign them to the students. 

Userlevel 2

@Kathryn Carter Am I correct in thinking we can do this via an import as well? I’m leaning towards creating some virtual users for our elementary devices and assigning the devices to the virtual user.

Badge +1

make the cart a room & assign the devices to the room

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@SS1000

First- you will make the cart a room. While it will not be an actual room, you will need to label the cart as a room (for example - cart 1 = room 1) 

You can even add a photo of the cart

Then, I left this device unassigned but I added the Room as Chromebook Cart 1 for this device: 

You can update this in bulk or via import. Please note that you won’t be able to assign that Chromebook to an additional room, just the cart. I hope this helps 😄