Solved

Searching for multiple assets

• 14 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

When working with multiple assets, using a scanner to create a list of specific items is amazing. Then you can bulk update. However, if you don’t have a scanner handy, how do you search for and create a list of multiple items that can be bulk updated?

icon

Best answer by MD14 14 April 2023, 22:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey rymcdougall,

You could try going to Asset Groups and creating a group which will then allow you to make some bulk updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@rymcdougall Thank you for submitting your question.

If you do not have a scanner, I suggest creating an asset group or a custom view to save those assets.

Here is the guide for creating asset groups: 

Thank you @MD14 for jumping in! 

Badge

Awesome, that is exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately, it would appear as though Agents don’t have permissions to create/edit Asset Groups? Is there a way to give agents access to Asset Groups?

This may bring up a different/better question. Why is the ability to search for multiple devices/creating a list of multiple devices limited to using a scanner for input. Why can’t you use enter asset numbers separated by, lets say, a comma to search for those items specifically so that you could make bulk changes to them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@rymcdougall Great questions! 

First, the agent must have the permission. I went under the specific user I wanted this permission for. Under General Settings, I scrolled down to Setup. Under Setup, you will check “Manage Asset Groups”. Here is a screenshot: 

As for your second question, that would be a great idea for you to submit to our Idea Exchange! https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

I hope all this helps 😄