Solved

Select devices based on serial number or wildcard filter

• 7 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I need to select all chromebooks that start we a certain serial number. When I try and filter by serial number it want’s me to actually pick a device instead of the just being a filtering condition and showing me results on the main page. This wouldnt be bad if it didn’t cap you at 100 results when I need much more. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by EKennedy 1673c57 d123 7 February 2024, 18:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When searching assets have you tried typing in the start of the serial number and then going to the “Show quick filters” at the bottom? So for example I used NXGPZ.

From there you can filter assets by a keyword search. When I did this it did show me all devices starting with that serial in our pool. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I see your image is cutoff but does it also show a max of 100 with the “showing 3 expand to show remaining 97” at the bottom. I exported all of our devices to double check that I have 493 devices that start with P2042. 

Also using the search at the main “Assets Explorer” page I get 50 back.

Userlevel 1
Badge

When you select the option “Filter assets by: keyword search P2042”, it is at the bottom in your first image, it should bring you to a page showing all assets fitting your search.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Only 100 will show initially, but if you select it through keyword search it should pull up a window with all assets matching. You can see it brought up all 903 devices in my pool matching the search. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you this worked. Though is the quick search the only way to get that keyword filter? I did try to look it up while in the full asset explorer with no luck. This needs to be a feature request if its not. Thanks again.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am not sure! I think that may be the only way to get to the keyword filter, but it would definitely be a useful tool in the full asset explorer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JBarrett 943750d scschools Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

Thank you @EKennedy 1673c57 d123 for supplying this workaround. Here is the idea that is currently in development and should be live very soon!