Question

Spare Pools Structure Setup

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello IIQ Team and community! We are currently setting up our spare pools for our school district. We have roughly 30+ Sites that we issue and deliver devices directly to each site to have them consistently supplied, the staff at each site then issues out the devices only from their allocated “pool”  from their site.

Is setting up a spare group for each site (30+ groups) and its subsequent spare pools an appropriate structure? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ignacio.zamudiojr Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

I would suggest creating a pool per location, as you asked. Here is the guide to help get those set up! 

Badge

@Kathryn Carter To piggy back off of this question - within the rules, is there an option to create rules within Spare Pools? For example, when a Tech is working on a ticket and utilizes a Laptop from a Spare Pool and they permanently assign it to the User, we would like to set a rule to remove that Laptop from the Spare Pool it was in. This is to make sure that the Spare Pools actually show what we have on hand to issue out. When you try to add the action to the rule, there is no option under Asset that says, “Remove from Spare Pool”. Suggestions??

I made a District location and made spare pools in there for my storage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@PVALDESPINO 5803832 scuc Thank you for your question! I believe that would be an enhancement request. 😄 You can submit that to our Idea Exchange here: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas