Question

Staff Can't Scan Asset?

• 24 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have an asset that is active, in service, and can be scanned and selected as a device for ticketing purposes. It functions normally.

However, I just observed my front desk secretary scan the device in to make a ticket, but the device did not come up.

I checked the user and they are set up identically to another front desk user who is able to scan just fine.

What could I be missing?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

I would suggest submitting a ticket to support for this issue. If you want to PM me the users you are referring to, I would be happy to check what I can! Then, post the solution to this thread. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney I have looked into your site, and with the “Global Staff” permission, it depends on what they are scanning and the permissions they have individually. Is this user using rapid scan or another app like Rollout Scout? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ccooney I have looked into your site, and with the “Global Staff” permission, it depends on what they are scanning and the permissions they have individually. Is this user using rapid scan or another app like Rollout Scout? 

They fir filing a ticket; first, they select “Devices” and then they get the field that asks them to enter a serial number or asset ID. When scanning (or entering) the asset ID, they get a message saying the asset does not exist. But, it does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ccooney I just tested this on your site and was unable to replicate it. Please submit a support ticket with a screen recording of this occurring for the user. 

Badge

@ccooney We are having this issue as well. Have you received a resolution from support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MKittrell 2434d00 wcsdms Please submit a separate ticket to support for this issue. 😄