Question

Verify unassigned student device

• 8 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

How do I setup our sites with automatic verification through Google Admin when any student logs into a Chromebook - these would be students that don’t have a Chromebook assigned to them so the Asset Owner field is “Unassigned” - is this possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RWomack 230795b foothills Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

Automatic asset verification is typically used when the device is assigned. I cannot test this workflow since I do not have “student devices,” but if you make sure the asset owner is unassigned, it will filter by those devices.

The shared device is typically for devices with an owner, but this should work. Let me know if you have any other questions! 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is it possible to run this verification and not check them out to the user?  So just see a “report” of these devices with a user logged in but not checked out?  Or is this better done as a custom view?    

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@angiejaeger I would suggest a custom view for that workflow. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@angiejaeger, we utilize Intune for our automated asset verification. If you don’t want assets to be automatically assigned to users, I would also suggest making sure the setting (in whichever app you are using) is set to Don’t Automatically update asset owner in IIQ: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Erica Good point to note here! Thanks for your contribution.