Skip to main content

We just started using Facilities last month, and it has the nice built in tracking for labor rates for the tickets. We have come to the first time we need to bill out some tickets to other departments and I am not seeing a “total ticket cost” field anywhere that I can find. Am I missing something? I have a field for total labor cost and total parts cost, but they are separate in the export. The ticket itself has the total cost on it, but that field doesn’t get exported with what I have tried. Is there really not an exportable field for “Total ticket cost” that includes parts and labor?

There is not! We are suffering the same issues! We are trying different parts of the program but nothing we have tried is completely covering our needs. They have told us that a maintenance module with this included is in planning for “down the road” and it is “on their road map.”  It has been shared with us that this is a technology program that is branching out into other areas. “Facilities” is actually for renting of facilities, not “maintenance” of facilities. It just isn’t working for us. Sorry you are having similar issues! 

That doesn’t bring me any joy, to the idea exchange I go.

I’ve been there also! Got told it was in their “road map.”

I’ve asked before about the ability to simply generate a parts and labor invoice since the ticket is capturing both already. For the same reasons, our Facilities teams can be reimbursed by schools - surprised this doesn’t already exist since the data is there!

I put in an enhancement request here: 

feel free to upvote :)

@TAnders Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

I see how this would be frustrating for your workflow. Thank you for linking your idea to this thread.  

@jclark @TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 Thank you for adding your feedback on this thread. 😄

@jclark and @TAnders - are you maintenance facilities or just facilities? We are strictly a maintenance dept. and we don’t track labor. We document costs for items that will be reimbursed to us which we do a report for every 6 months. 

@TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 we have both, but our actual Maintenance department is the primary user of the Facilities module. We bought events as well, that is where most of our Facilities team will be working when I get it set up. Our maintenance team tracks labor and parts due to funding for things and whatnot, so they need the total figure for both when billing the departments that need to be billed.

@jclark and @TAnders - are you maintenance facilities or just facilities? We are strictly a maintenance dept. and we don’t track labor. We document costs for items that will be reimbursed to us which we do a report for every 6 months. 

@TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 I am in IT but manage iiQ for our district - so my knowledge of how the Facilities groups operate is limited, but our situations vary.

We’re a pretty large district so Facilities in general is under the Operations umbrella, but has several sub-departments from there. For example, we have HVAC, Electricians, Plumbing teams and so on that service and maintain our schools and buildings, however our Nutrition Services division has their own budget for maintaining school cafeterias, all kitchen equipment, etc.

They have general maintenance techs that will do most basic maintenance work, but when the issue requires HVAC techs, electricians, plumbers etc the tickets will be moved to those teams, and Nutrition Services will be invoiced for parts and labor to reimburse the team that completed the work.

We are a smaller district and only do maintenance but we do it all, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc. We don’t track labor but we do track costs of projects and items that are additions to the buildings “above and beyond how the building was built” and bill those back to the District for refund to  our department (long story, trying to keep it short). The fact that IQ has no “maintenance” module and no way to properly track those costs is very frustrating. We are trying to “make the fee tracker work” for now, but it is an inefficient option. :0(

We are a smaller district and only do maintenance but we do it all, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc. We don’t track labor but we do track costs of projects and items that are additions to the buildings “above and beyond how the building was built” and bill those back to the District for refund to  our department (long story, trying to keep it short). The fact that IQ has no “maintenance” module and no way to properly track those costs is very frustrating. We are trying to “make the fee tracker work” for now, but it is an inefficient option. :0(

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. I like the thought of Fee Tracker, but we’ve honestly not found an effective use for it since using it is mostly manual entry of data. It can work well for keeping track of fines and dues for users, for example, where there’s set prices for things like that… but those things are managed in other systems for us.

To be honest, I think the framework for a lot of the automations regarding maintenance costs, invoicing, applying depreciation to assets, etc is all there already and iiQ devs have not built the UI functionality to tie it all together. Hopefully things like that are on their roadmap.

According to what we have been told, they are on the road map but how long will we have to wait to get our world back “right side up” as it were. Our old program did it ALL and we didn’t get the option for this change. I didn’t mind the change, but the financial failures are so very frustrating! Thank you for your input! 

@TAnders 

Quick update regarding the total cost: I know this thread was asking from a ticket view, but you are now able to view and export the total asset cost from an Asset View in the Facilities module.