Skip to main content

Our Maintenance & Operations team does not maintain an inventory of parts, instead our agents are able to purchase necessary parts for jobs from local vendors, and provide the invoices to the helpdesk admin for facilities, who entered them in as “Parts”, specifying a cost (e.g. Part = “Grainger”, Qty = “1”, Cost = “whatever the cost for the parts for this job were]”)

With the enhancements that were rolled out recently, I am struggling to find a way to implement this for them. It looks like we’re locked in to maintaining a specific inventory of named parts with associated costs. Their team simply does not have the labor hours to add this much overhead. I want to keep them engaged with the platform but if we can’t add in part costs I don’t know what I can do. We can’t be the only district who does things this way, is there any guidance around this? I see there’s a section for “Suppliers” but it looks like that’s just a database of contact info, and not mapped to the parts inventory system in any way.

We have the same issues. We do not have an inventory either. The new parts system is not useful to our department.

@charcole I submitted an actual helpdesk ticket for this and their official response was “Nope, it doesn’t support that.” So aggravating. So I submitted an Idea Exchange post for now, we’ll see what comes of it.

Hi everyone @John_Geck and @charcole 

Unfortunately the platform does not currently support your idea. However, you can submit your idea into our Idea Exchange. Here is the link 😄 https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

Was a solution to this issue ever found?

@JConant 2376f90 mukilteo Here is an idea to upvote about adding vendors: