Skip to main content

Good afternoon, I am new to Incident IQ/Facilities We have been using it for about 5 weeks and I know we have only scratched the surface of its capabilities. How do you handle tickets for major projects and accounting of projects? Our last program, we created a ticket, scheduled all of the necessary crew members to it and then printed each a copy. THEN, each crew member, when purchasing or using materials for projects, would put the work order number on the receipt and turn it in. We in turn, would then add those costs to the work order. How do you do all of this in IQ? We do not have inventory in IQ, We don’t keep inventory and we do not have a lot of inventory in our shop. Our shop is more than 25 minutes from the furthest school and sometimes it is easier for our crew to just go buy an item, rather than putting away all of their tools and supplies, reloading their vans and driving back to our shop to turn around and go back to the school, unload tools & supplies, etc. Right now, we are ready to throw up our hands and go back to the mobile version of our prior program. We don’t want to create a work order for every team member to work on large projects and we need to be able to properly capture costs for large projects against that large project work order. 

@TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

One suggestion I would have is to look into adding Ad-Hoc parts to tickets: 

Ad Hoc parts can be added via ticket with no inventory. This might be your best bet with your workflow. I am curious if any of our districts have a similar workflow.  

Our district has a similar issue.  As needed, we will purchase parts from a local hardware store.  I do not see an easy way to add these purchases to the work order, like our previous system allowed.  I will look into this Ad-Hoc feature and give this a try.  Thank you

Ad-Hoc parts do not meet our needs. It does not include budget codes and you cannot run a report with the necessary information. We have tried Ad-Hoc Parts and it definitely does not work to meet our needs.

Ad-Hoc parts do not meet our needs. It does not include budget codes and you cannot run a report with the necessary information. We have tried Ad-Hoc Parts and it definitely does not work to meet our needs.

Did you ever figure out a better workflow using IIQ? We are just rolling out Facilities, and this exact scenario came up in our first team training.

No. Just simply no. 

@TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 I'm just curious if you tried to use subtasks/tickets within that larger project that would just indicate the part was used and then add the inventory within that subticket. It would create a smaller way to tie this part to that bigger project. 

@Kathryn Carter - no. We are not very techy around here and honestly, we have not had that process shared with us. The problem is, inventory costs are averaged in IIQ and we need absolute numbers, not averages. 

@TMiers 86354f2 mlsd161 We just recently discussed the costs being all averaged instead of the individual price. Here is an idea we have about static and average parts pricing: