Skip to main content

We have a couple of Issue Categories under “Other Requests” that need to go to Facilities teams. By default, anything under “Other Requests” is a ticket in the Ticketing product.

One of the categories in question is called “Chair & Table Request”

I can set a “when created” rule to change the product to Facilities, but I can’t get a rule under the Facilities product to pick up the change and keep processing rules. All we’re trying to get it to do is assign the ticket to a team in the Facilities product on creation.

Due to the size of our district, not everyone is authorized to enter Facilities tickets, so we’ve set up permissions and role visibility to reflect that…. however anyone can enter a “Chair & Table Request” which is why we have it under “Other Requests”.

I tried setting a “When Field is Updated > Product” rule on the Facilities side, but it doesn’t pick up the change.

It appears the “Continue to next rule” option doesn’t continue on to rules under another product, even though I’ve used a rule to change the product.

Any workaround to have rules trigger when the product changes?

@jclark16 

This was a great question and Ive been researching and testing this out 😄

It does not look like the rules on the facilities side run after you have move the ticket into the facilties module. I tested this multiple different way, even when moving the ticket via shortcuts. 

So my suggestion would be use the same rule you have set up “when created” rule to change the product to Facilities - and add another action to assign those tickets in that same rule. 

@jclark16

This was a great question and Ive been researching and testing this out 😄

It does not look like the rules on the facilities side run after you have move the ticket into the facilties module. I tested this multiple different way, even when moving the ticket via shortcuts. 

So my suggestion would be use the same rule you have set up “when created” rule to change the product to Facilities - and add another action to assign those tickets in that same rule. 

Yeah, I tried everything I could think of myself. The downside is we automatically route to teams, and the leadership on those teams assign to their people. What we need is for the rules to assign to a team when we switch products, however the teams that exist in Facilities aren’t options for rule actions on the Ticketing side, so I can’t have it automatically assign using a rule - which is exactly what we’re looking for it to do.

@jclark16 

I am still looking into this. Meeting with some of my other team member tomorrow to see what I am missing. I will give you and update on what we find tomorrow 😁