Question

Parent/Guardian Accounts imported from SIS

Badge +1

As the ability to import parents/guardians from SIS and create accounts from those records, we were wondering what the potential benefits and ramifications are if we were to turn this option on.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dduffy 

We released a new enhancement recently that will pull in parent/guardian emails address with your SIS integration automatically. Without having to create an account for them. You can see the email addresses on the student's user profile page. With this enhancement, you can send an invoice or statement to the parent/guardian using one of the new payment processing apps. We are looking into other enhancement capabilities now that we are pulling in their email addresses. 

Do you currently or in the past allow parents/guardians to log in and submit tickets?

I do not see too many districts creating accounts for them. But they do set up a rule where the parents/guardians can send an email and it generates a ticket within iiQ. 

Badge +1

We currently have remote ticketing enabled for parents to send in tickets on behalf of their children. The only drawback we’re seeing though with the SIS integration with the parents information being shown on the student’s profile page is that the parent must have submitted a ticket utilizing the e-mail address that they have registered in SIS before in order to be properly linked, as in our case - the parents show up as guest accounts.  It could be possible though to create the accounts from SIS and disable the ability for parents to login through our permissions, I think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What is the end goal here? To keep track of the different tickets that parents/guardians are submitting?

A great idea would be able to customize the registration page of the remote support ticketing screen. To instruct them to use the email address they used when registering with SIS. 

Badge +1

The end goal mainly would be for our help desk, when a parent calls in, can easily create a ticket by pulling up the parent information that was imported from SIS instead of having to go through our remote ticketing portal to do it.  I can see the premise of instructing our parents to submit tickets through the remote ticketing portal using the e-mail address they have registered in SIS so the tickets will link up with their accounts in IIQ.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dduffy I just wanted to follow up top see how this process is going for you. What are you using to track these tickets? Is it working well? Have you come up with another solution? 

Badge

We switched from Asset Panda to IIQ for asset management.  One of the cons in the switch is the loss of the ability to automatically send the “checked out” or “checked in” email to Parent/Guardians at the same time as users.  Really hope that comes into possibility very soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@TKoren 257ebff everettsd Thank you for your feedback on this thread. 😄

Check out this idea to upvote and comment to see this in action: