Solved

Policy Banner drop is not appearing for selected roles

Badge

We have created a new acceptable use policy with the Policy Manager extension. We are having trouble getting the banner to appear on faculty and staff’s IIQ dashboards. The banner is only appearing in the IIQ Admin dashboards. There are no dates listed in the Active period. There were at first, but then I removed the dates and it does not seem to have made a difference. Under Alert Methods I have Dashboard Widget and Popup Message at login selected. The location where the users are in should be listed correctly. I even added Faculty and Staff under the Roles section. Under Policy Permissions I have Faculty and Staff selected under the Can Approve on Behalf of Self tick boxes. Not sure what else to check.

icon

Best answer by JMendoza 257638c sageoak 6 June 2024, 02:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JMendoza 257638c sageoak 

Policy Manager is one of my favorite iiQ Apps. I went and looked at your configuration for the policy “Sage Oak Technology Agreement  23-24 School Year”

I see the Target Audience is just set too “Sage Oak Charter Schools Staff.” So it will only show for those users that have the specific locations. 

I went and impersonated a user from that location and got both the alert methods “popup upon login” and “Dashboard Widget”

Is there a specific user we can look into that is not receiving this policy?

Badge

Hi Hannah,

It seems to be working for most staff members now. I went into a mode where I was trying every possible solution that I could think of. Ultimately, I ticked the box that says Acceptance Methods: Direct URL and that made the difference. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JMendoza 257638c sageoak 
I am glad it is currently working. That is odd that you have to have the “Direct URL” option enabled. That should not be the case as long as you have the “Inside Incident IQ” option enabled. 

Im going to do some more testing on my end and bring this to our support teams attention. Please let us know if you any other questions. 😁

Badge

Thank you so much! I would appreciate someone checking our settings to see why only our IIQ admins and not faculty and staff were able to see the banner widget even though they are all in the same “location,” and I had the tick boxes enabled for faculty and staff to be able to sign their policy agreements. That said, I am glad it is at least working now!