Web Hooks

Badge

So I have read the web hook sections and tried to get it to send any data. But to no avail it wont send data. Following the example all that is sent is the tag ad even that does not seem to be useful. Has anyone else worked with Web Hooks. My end goal is to have tickets show up in Monday.com so I can include them when working through larger projects that need tracking but don't want to loose site of the daily tickets that need resolving.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@shane.cloutier thanks for reaching out! We looked into your district a little bit and everything seems to be configured correctly, but we recommend reaching out to support for a thorough analysis. There might be a couple more things you can try to get this configured correctly.

Badge

Is there more detailed documentation on the web hook process? The knowledge based article left something to be desired.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@shane.cloutier unfortunately, we do not have more detailed documentation at this time. The support team should be able to help you further though. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve found the syntax in the 2 article guides (Assets and Tickets) to be documented incorrect..  It should be corrected .. 

One article shows an image of using “(“ vs “{“ as brackets that should be used instead. Also, the name fields must be unique..  In order to deliver a specific payload try using the following as an example..

For Tickets..

{

“myTicketId”:”{Ticket.TicketId}”,

“mySiteId”:”{Ticket.SiteId}”

}

For Assets

{

“myAssetId”:”{Asset.AssetTag}”,

“myAssetSN”:”{Asset.SerialNumber}”

}

If you leave the Body field blank, all content will be delivered.

Finally,  I’ve discovered one of the webhook services in particular only accepted “Content-Type:” (with the colon). Example in guide does not include colon..   Its something that may need to be checked.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@mfischer great catch! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The help guide has been updated with the correct syntax. 

I have configured the webhook to send the tickets data to powerschool, but data is not getting processes. is there any  way to check the log of webhook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RPandey 4834be6 democracyprep 

I dont think there are any webhook logs as far as I am aware.

I do know that the webhook is logged in the rule history tab, but It doesnt say much other than that the webhook was sent successfully and the url the webhook was sent to.

Badge

I know this is an old conversation but I would like to setup the same type of thing (IIQ ticket creates something on our Moday board(s)). Where can I find documentation on setting up and using the webhooks? I found the API documentation, but I didn’t see anything in about the webhooks. Also, to save me some time, is there anything you can show me about what was setup to make this work (assuming it is working).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AAbendroth 50a174 cherrycreek Thank you for your question. Here is some documentation around Webhooks: 

Additionally, we do not have documentation outside of the setup within the rules. Some of our Community experts, @MattHenry @bclark @Cozmo03 may have some additional guidance for you here. 

You can also always reach out to your CSM 😄

Badge

Thanks. That’s the information I was looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks. That’s the information I was looking for.

@AAbendroth 50a174 cherrycreek We use webhooks to create posts in our google chat spaces. Maybe an example can help you.

Web hook:
Request: Post - https://chat.googleapis.com/v1/spaces/SPACEIDHERE/messages?threadKey={Ticket.TicketId}&messageReplyOption=REPLY_MESSAGE_FALLBACK_TO_NEW_THREAD&key=RANDOMKEYSTRINGHERE&token=SECURETOKENSTRINGHERE
Headers:
Content-Type: application/json

Body:

{
"cardsV2": [
{
"card": {
"header": {
"title": "{Ticket.IssueTypeName}",
"subtitle": "{Ticket.LocationName} - {Ticket.ForFirstName} {Ticket.ForLastName}"
},
"sections": [
{
"header": "Submitted by: {Ticket.OwnerFirstName} {Ticket.OwnerLastName}",
"collapsible": true,
"uncollapsibleWidgetsCount": 1,
"widgets": [
{
"decoratedText": {
"startIcon": {
"knownIcon": "CONFIRMATION_NUMBER_ICON"
},
"text": "{Ticket.TicketNumber}"
}
},
{
"knownIcon": "CLOCK"
},
"text": "<font color=\"#f00\">URGENT</font>"
}
},
{
"knownIcon": "DESCRIPTION"
},
"text": "{Ticket.IssueDescription}",
"wrapText": true
}
},
{
"buttonList": {
"buttons": [
{
"text": "View Ticket",
"onClick": {
"openLink": {
"url": "https://owensboro.incidentiq.com/agent/tickets/open?flyout-type=agent-ticket&flyout-id={Ticket.TicketId}",
}
}
}
]
}
}
]
}
]
}
}
]
}

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I haven't messed with webhooks and iiq specifically yet.

But the problem could be on the side of the service you're sending the webhook too so you may need to check documentation for that. There could specific ways it wants info formatted. 

Also, since those are run via rule, a terrible logging system could be to have it email you and at least inform you it ran.