Solved

Assigning a unique icon for issue categories — instead of a nondescript folder icon

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Issue categories can be better differentiated with unique icons (e.g. a “wi-fi” icon for issues about internet, a “mouse” icon for issues about peripherals, etc.). This makes it much easier for users to find what they’re looking for!

I started by creating custom issue categories for various models in Administrator > Issues. After creating the issue category, I noticed that if I hover my cursor over the name of the custom category, a “pencil” icon appears allowing you to not only edit the name, but select an icon for it as well!

In the above example, I created a custom category called “* Internet” and assigned a “wifi” icon to it.

However, I ran into an issue — the selected icon never appeared anywhere. I had hoped it might appear on the boring, nondescript folder icons on the ticket wizard, but no luck. In fact, I didn’t see this icon appear anywhere. Not even in this list of issues.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 8 November 2022, 17:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@zige Another great question and great catch! Love to see that you are digging into the system. I can’t wait to see what other questions/catches you will have.

Sorry to report that it is currently a bug within our system. The icon does not change when updating in this area. I will report this into our internal system 😄 Thanks for finding it for us! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@zige Another great question and great catch! Love to see that you are digging into the system. I can’t wait to see what other questions/catches you will have.

Sorry to report that it is currently a bug within our system. The icon does not change when updating in this area. I will report this into our internal system 😄 Thanks for finding it for us! 

It looks like this bug sitll persists after this was posted last year. Just an update, trying to organize our issue types for tickets and still only have the basic folder icons applying. 

It would be nice if we could customize our ticket issue types similar to what they have enabled for the Software section. This is how we’ve organized and customized ours. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dakota SDOW The internal ticket does not have an update currently. I will ask for an update and report back to you. I love your software set up! Would you be willing to write a discussion post about this? With step-by-step instructions, examples, and screenshots? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dakota SDOW The internal ticket does have an update currently. I will ask for an update and report back to you. I love your software set up! Would you be willing to write a discussion post about this? With step-by-step instructions, examples, and screenshots? 

Of course! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Dakota SDOW The internal ticket does have an update currently. I will ask for an update and report back to you. I love your software set up! Would you be willing to write a discussion post about this? With step-by-step instructions, examples, and screenshots? 

Of course! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is awesome; thank you @Dakota SDOW for sharing this! 😄