Question

Auto-populate fields based on requestor info

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Is their any functionality for coding in names or other fields into tickets?  I’m thinking like %username% as an example.

I’m trying to fine-tune what info is available for some of our notifications that go out to followers.  Namely, when a new student account is created, followers get an email for a ticket with the student’s temp PW.  I’d like to include the student’s username and ID (from IC) into the ticket info so they see those in the email as well.

Right now, they have to click the “view ticket details” button to get that info - which as we may all know, is hard to get users to do sometimes!

Alternatively, is there a way to adjust what is included in those ticket notifications?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@tmeixner Thank you for submitting your question.

Currently there is an idea out there that would enable you to add and customize your email that is sent out to parents. 

Please upvote and comment on this idea:

I hope this helps 😄

Thank you for the reply, I’ve upvoted that request!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is their any functionality for coding in names or other fields into tickets?  I’m thinking like %username% as an example.

I’m trying to fine-tune what info is available for some of our notifications that go out to followers.  Namely, when a new student account is created, followers get an email for a ticket with the student’s temp PW.  I’d like to include the student’s username and ID (from IC) into the ticket info so they see those in the email as well.

Right now, they have to click the “view ticket details” button to get that info - which as we may all know, is hard to get users to do sometimes!

Alternatively, is there a way to adjust what is included in those ticket notifications?

Is there a reason you want them to see it without getting logged into IIQ? The only reason I ask is I am thinking security purposes?

We have issues actually getting our users to click the link to view the info.  At the moment, we call it a “win” if they even read an email from IT or the ticketing system.  Thus, delivering the required info in a form that requires as little effort on the end-user’s part is pretty important.

We have a standardized method of generating user accounts as well, so if somebody really wanted to use the temp password to gain unauthorized access to the account, I don’t think they’d really need the account name listed.