Solved

Confused: Where do some of these model categories go? What ticket types are they associated with?

• 11 November 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’m going through and creating my own model categories for custom issues.

As I’ve learned, in order for the model category to appear in the new ticket wizard (a.k.a. the ticket types/“big buttons” screen), it has to be associated with a global parent category created by Incident IQ (like “computers,” etc.).

But here’s the thing: there are some global categories — created by Incident IQ — that don’t appear to populate in the new ticket wizard.

Unless I’m wrong (I usually am), these don’t seem to do, well, anything. Like here’s one:

“Onboarding” is a global model category created by Incident IQ. But you can’t do anything with it.

Am I just not seeing where “Onboarding” fits under the ticket types (“the big buttons”)?

I mean, I’d like to use Onboarding as a category, but which of these would the models/issues fall under?

Where would models/issues assigned to Onboarding go?

Soooooo I tried to assign models to it, and then I get this error:

“Onboarding is a child category.”

It’s a child category? That’s weird because it’s a global category created by Incident IQ.

So then for fun, I head on over to the Model Categories section, and pull up the Onboarding global category provided by Incident IQ:

Claims to be a child category, but has no parent category listed. Cannot assign anything to it.

What’s the point of having this category then? Am I missing something?

BONUS QUESTION: Can we get a list of all the Incident IQ-created global categories and which ticket type they correspond with? I feel like I’m just doing a lot of trial and error to figure out where these point to.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Hannah Bailey 14 November 2022, 17:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @zige 

Creating new model categories will be under the ticket type (big button) “Device/Hardware”.

Under the Issues tab, you can customize the different issue categories and issues under those model categories:

I do not see that your “onboarding” category has a subcategory. Assets are associated with subcategories. 

I hope this helps. I will see if we can get a list 😁

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have the same question and can’t find a solution. Why is it that some of the model categories don’t show up under “Devices/Hardware” when creating a ticket? In the example above, Computers > Point of Sale Computers, Computers > Servers, and Computers > Stick PC are all listed under model categories and enabled for ticketing, but don’t show up as options in the Issues screenshot or the New Ticket screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AComeau 6009848 ecasd Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? Additionally, here is a guide that can help you get these set up and visible - 

@Kathryn Carter 

For example, we have enabled a model for clocks:

But when I go to Devices/Hardware when creating a new ticket, that doesn’t show as one of the options:

It only shows if I search for the word “clock”:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AComeau 6009848 ecasd That is interesting. Perhaps since it is just a random model with the * in it, it is not populating. I would suggest checking with another model. 

@Kathryn Carter Thank you for your response. Here is another example where I removed the special characters in the clock model and also enabled “Generic Network Equipment”, but neither shows in the New Ticket list unless I specifically search for them:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AComeau 6009848 ecasd I tested this again and it looks like you need to have an asset assigned to that model before it will show up on the device categories screen. Try that! 

@Kathryn Carter Still no luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AComeau 6009848 ecasd Alright, I figured it out! The computer/network equipment is a facilities-based model category. I would suggest creating a new custom category or pick another category that does not fall under one of these model categories: 

Thanks for being patient while figuring this one out! 😄

@Kathryn Carter Thank you for your help! I’ll create a custom category and move those assets over.

As a suggestion, I think it would be helpful if facilities-based model categories didn’t show the option to make the product visible in Ticketing, since that appears to not actually be an option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AComeau 6009848 ecasd Here is that idea I just created on your behalf: