Question

Custom Parts View - Minimum Target Filter

• 5 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way to create a custom view where you can see all parts that have hit their minimum inventory quantity? I see that you can create a view with a static quantity, but need a way to see all the parts that have hit the minimum quantity threshold rather than an actual quantity. Hopefully, I’m making sense...

I’d like to create a view with this information for the person who orders our parts. I know the Inventory Alerts widget is in the Parts Explorer, but I think a custom view would be more beneficial for them. I would be nice if the view could be added to their dashboard as well.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I don’t think given how things are set up right now there is a way to do what you are looking for. I think this might be a good candidate for suggesting a new feature idea: https://community.incidentiq.com/ideas

The best I could come up with is just set that number manually, but that obviously is a bit tedious and potentially prohibitive depending upon how many parts you have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@lhofius You can achieve what you are looking for by adding the specific parts that have that minimum threshold into the custom view. Using your sites data I created the view with the following filters:

Which provides the following result:

You would just need to create a different view for each quantity of thresholds. I’ve gone ahead and shared this view with you and made you the owner. 🤗 Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@lhofius Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄 

@PBauchan 650c0fd mvsd Thank you for your insight on this thread. 

@EStapf_iiQ Thanks for going above and beyond for our community members! Was this the solution you were looking for @lhofius

Userlevel 1
Badge

@EStapf_iiQ I’m not able to see/turn on this view. This is all I get, blank list…

Ideally, I only need to make one view that will list all the parts that are at/below minimum quantity threshold without needing to make various views for each quantity. The filter I’m looking for would be more like IF part is at minimum quantity threshold THEN add to view (no quantity filter needed). Which doesn’t look like it exists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@lhofius If that is the scenario, I do not believe our system supports that workflow. This would need to be in Idea Exchange.