Question

Custom View - Asset Owner Column

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Looking to create a custom view that allows us to see the asset owner of a device. 

We currently have students bring their devices to the library where the aide creates a ticket for said device. However, this makes finding the ticket we are working on or closing difficult. We found a custom view for device asset tag which is helpful, but looking to see if there is a way to have a column with the device owner as well. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp Thank you for submitting your question to our Community. 

You can add the “owner” column to any view you want! 😄 I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp Thank you for submitting your question to our Community. 

You can add the “owner” column to any view you want! 😄 I hope this helps.

Hi @Kathryn Carter,

That is not an available option for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp Where are you (on your site)? I am trying to replicate this 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ZGarber 4208988 glshelp So I have a few thoughts here. 

You can add these filters and add an “assign to school ID” column. 

if you did this filter in tickets and then did another filter of status and chose in progress, waiting on requester, etc.

Additionally, you could go into assets, which would give you the owner of the device, and create a custom status to have a spare deployed. Then, the librarian can update the status when the device is returned.