Solved

Event details in IT and Facilities tickets.

Badge

Hello,

I’d like to know how to get Event details in tickets sent to Facilities and IT.  Currently, the ticket templates that are created via a rule that triggers on approval, contain no data. 

Looking at the FAQs, a post titled “How can I view Event Details in Tickets on the iiQ Mobile App?” indicates that tickets sent to Facilities and IT should contain event details. I also see other posts requesting to not forward the custom fields to these tickets. So, I assume this can be done, but I have no idea how. 

I do not see an KB articles for this, unless I missed it. Can someone please assist?

icon

Best answer by Kathryn Carter 16 May 2024, 21:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@CAustin Thank you for submitting your question to our community! 😄

The first thing here is you want your event to be the trigger for the additional tickets to be created. 

Type: Event

Trigger: when “Approved”

Then, add the filters as needed. Once that is set, the action is to “create a ticket,” and once you select the ticket template for ticketing, it will automatically set the ticket to IT or Facilities, respectively.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with! 

Badge

@Kathryn Carter Thank you for this information. I was creating the rule under “Event Tickets” to trigger on “Final Approval”. It appears that that cannot carry over the details. After creating the rule under “Events”, it does carry over the details. So that works!

There is however one concern with this, unlike the “Events Tickets” area, I cannot create a rule for “Final Approval”. So, since all of our events require multiple approvals via a workflow, the events themselves and therefore the tickets are created and set as approved at the first stage of the workflow, not the last. Is there a way to only trigger the tickets and set the event approval for the last workflow approval rather than the first?

Badge

Never mind, it was as simple as disabling the default built-in “when approved” rule and adding a custom rule at the end of the workflow that approves the event when the ticket status is “Final Approved”

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@CAustin I was just on my way to comment on this one. So glad you figured it out! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you with this! 😄